Louise Hay, the Goddess of Positive Affirmations, says: “Prosperity is not defined by money alone; it encompasses time, love, success, joy, comfort, beauty, and wisdom. … Know that whatever your beliefs are, they can be changed in this moment. The power that created you has given you the power to create your own experiences. You can change!”
And Abraham says “A belief is just a thought you keep thinking.” So, if you want to change your beliefs about money, all you have to do is think different thoughts. Simple! Here are some ideas on how to change your thoughts with the help of affirmations.
Changing Your Money Beliefs
What is your biggest fear about money? Finish this sentence: My biggest fear about money is _______________. For example: “…that I can’t make a good living with a career I truly love.” Now reverse this sentence into the opposite. For example: “I earn a great income doing what I love.”
What is your second biggest fear about money? My second biggest fear about money is _______________. Finish this sentence and again rewrite it to state the opposite. For example: “…that I won’t have enough money to pay my rent and I have to become a bag lady, wandering the streets aimlessly.” The opposite belief could be: “I always have more than enough money. The Universe provides me with everything that I need.”
What is your third biggest fear about money? My third biggest fear about money is _________. Keep going until you are all out of fears, until you feel you are finished and you covered all of your concerns about money.
Write your positive money affirmations down and put them where you can see them every day. Read through the list below for inspiration and add the ones to your own list that resonate with the depth of your soul.
Creative Ideas to Live with your Affirmations
- Write your affirmations on a coloured piece of paper. Put the paper away in a drawer or hang it in your bedroom, but use another piece of paper in the exact same colour and cut it into several little pieces without writing anything on it. Tape these little pieces of coloured paper to the dashboard of your car, on your washing machine, your computer, TV screen, microwave, really anywhere you like. Your brain will automatically link that piece of paper to your original list of affirmations. So whenever your eyes see a piece of that coloured paper, the list of affirmations will be activated in your subconscious mind. That way you can keep your affirmations private, only you have to know what they are. And you can even keep little pieces of paper at work without anyone commenting on your affirmations.
- Take a dry-erase pen (the ones that come with white boards) and write your affirmations on your bathroom or bedroom mirror. Add hearts an stars, be creative, use colours, too. Let your kids do some positive affirmations if you like. Use your dry-erase pen on your fridge or dishwasher, too. Have fun!
- Make a little affirmation booklet. Write one affirmation each on an index card (4×6 or 3×5, coloured or white) or print out your affirmations with your favourite fonts and glue them onto the index cards. Collect pictures from magazines or print images out from a Google search, that symbolize your affirmations in some way. Tape or glue the images on the other side of the index card. Punch a hole in the corner of your index cards and tie them together with a ribbon or a metal binder ring. You can carry your booklet with you in your purse and flip through the pages whenever you take a break throughout the day. Lots of fun. Expand the booklet anytime by adding more affirmations, or take out the ones that don’t resonate with you anymore and that you simply don’t need anymore.
- Work with your affirmations digitally by using a desktop wallpaper with your favourite affirmation on it. Or use the screensaver software of your computer to write an affirmation instead of your name. Create a Pinterest board where you collect great affirmations about abundance and wealth and a prosperous lifestyle. You can simply write an affirmation on a piece of paper, take a picture of it with your smart phone camera, and then use the image as the wallpaper for your phone. Get creative. Have fun!
40 Wealth Affirmations
- I am rich and wonderful.
- People love to give me money.
- My income is constantly increasing.
- I am earning a great income doing what I love.
- All my bills are paid up in full and I still have all this money!
- I release all resistance to money, and I now allow it to flow joyously into my life.
- I am worthy of having money in the bank.
- Money comes to me easily and effortlessly.
- Money is coming to me from expected and unexpected sources.
- I am wealthy.
- I now receive large sums of money, just for being me!
- Thank you, God/dess, for my abundant blessings.
- I deserve to have a lot of money.
- I spend money wisely and happily, blessing myself and others.
- Every day in every way I am getting more and more prosperous and joyful.
- Thank you, God/dess, for the abundant gifts you provide for me every day.
- I am now enjoying great financial prosperity.
- I am open to receive prosperity, joy, health, wealth and happiness.
- I give generously to myself and to others.
- Good things happen to me every day.
- I am a money magnet!
- Money just always seems to come my way.
- Every time I turn around, there is another check in the mail.
- Attracting money is easy.
- I effortlessly attract abundance.
- I bless all of my bills with love. I always pay my bills on time.
- I deserve to be wealthy.
- I attract financial abundance.
- I always have money.
- I am joyfully providing for my retirement.
- I am open to receiving an abundance of wealth, health and happiness.
- My life is full of abundance.
- I celebrate life, love and abundance every day.
- Miracles and magic surround me everywhere I go.
- I live an abundant life.
- All of my dreams are coming true right now!
- I choose to be open and receptive to prosperity in all its many forms.
- All is well in my prosperous world.
- I am one with life, and all of life loves and supports me.
- I have an abundance of time, love, joy, comfort, beauty, wisdom, success and money.