As I present workshops and keynote addresses across the country, I am always asked “How do I integrate networking in my life?” I respond by saying networking is a way of life and networking will be a way of life – your way of life – in the 2000s. Networking is the business success tool for people who want long-term satisfying results. Some keys to successfully networking include:
- Work smarter, not harder.
- Give without expectation.
- Everyone you meet is important to you.
- Remain focused.
- Ask for what you want.
- Plan and then risk.
- Act like a host or hostess, not a guest.
- Value yourself and your life.
- Be your own energy manager.
- Nurture your network daily.
- Know your communication style and strengths.
- Be willing to ask for assistance.
- Remain balanced.
- Retain important customers and clients.
- Build win-win relationships.
- Remain in contact with other people.
- Acknowledge other people’s value.
- Have an optimistic attitude.
- Communicate with integrity.
- Achieve career and life fulfillment.
- Develop your support network.
- Add pleasure to your life.
- Trust yourself and your intuition.
Networking allows you to accomplish your career and life dreams while helping other people. Remember contribution is the key to networking. Happy Networking!
Anne Boe, Author of Is You “Net” Working? and Networking Success